Patch for: 7132779: build-infra merge: Enable ccache to work for most developer builds.

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue Jan 31 13:38:27 PST 2012

On 1/02/2012 5:53 AM, Staffan Larsen wrote:
> Looks good, but where is the new jre_release_version() method used?

It's currently only used in some closed code. The new method avoids the
need to make the JRE_RELEASE_VERSION define available to that closed code.

I don't understand the comment on the new method though. Not sure what
stringstream has to do with this actual method.

Otherwise looks good to me. I'm assuming that the actual problem is the
ccache compares the defines used for a compilation and so if the version
string contains a timestamp and gets updated on each (incremental?)
build then ccache thinks it has to recompile.

David
-----