Native zlib libraries

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Jul 11 00:47:33 PDT 2012

On 05/07/2012 17:11, Andrew Hughes wrote:

> [...]
I think we need to (re)start the discussion on core-libs-dev with a view
to eliminating the patches that the JDK has to zlib, see:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/jdk8/jdk/file/tip/src/share/native/java/util/zip/zlib-1.2.5/patches/ChangeLog_java

One of these changes relates to the zip64 support and I believe there
are corner cases when inflating or deflating >2GB that won't work if
using the system zlib. Sherman will likely recall the details. Given
that the new build already supports using the system zlib (at least on
Linux) then it would be good to sort this out so that it just works.

-Alan