Native zlib libraries

Andrew Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 06:14:47 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Two other obvious candidates are the bundled jpeg and gif libraries.
> Please suggest a patch for build-infra/jdk8!

Yes, we already have this.  We already have patches but it sounds like they now
have to be completely rewritten for this new build.  For us, it's more useful
to fix the old build system as we use the work in 6 & 7 primarily.

That's actually what's held me back. I'm not sure how to proceed.  Are we going
to have to propose two completely different patches for 8 & 6/7?

> Backporting the new build system for jdk7/jdk6 is not even on the
> horizon. It
> would be nice though, and probably not impossible.

I wasn't suggesting backporting the whole build system, but applying the same feature
addition to the old build.