Request for review 8001471: Klass::cast() does nothing now

Coleen Phillimore coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Sat Nov 10 15:29:14 PST 2012

Harold,

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8001471/src/share/vm/classfile/placeholders.cpp.udiff.html

This looks disturbing.   Can you change the InstanceKlass() member
function in placeholders.hpp to be instance_klass() as part of this
edit?   It's sort of related to this change (ie from the big permgen
elimination renaming) and a small item.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8001471/src/share/vm/code/nmethod.cpp.udiff.html

Can you rewrite this to not have the variable ctxk and k, and just have
one?  Line 2571 should be deleted in one way or another.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8001471/src/share/vm/services/serviceUtil.hpp.sdiff.html

Line 60 can go away here too.    Klass* klass = k; - just use k in the
code below.

This is really good.   I love to see this noisy code go away!
Coleen