Request for review 7191817: -XX:+UseSerialGC -XX:+UseLargePages crashes with SIGFPE on Mac OS X

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Oct 24 02:46:31 PDT 2012

Hi Harold,

We already have a macro for this:

// Disable options not supported in this release, with a warning if they
// were explicitly requested on the command-line
#define UNSUPPORTED_OPTION(opt, description)                    \
do {                                                            \
   if (opt) {                                                    \
     if (FLAG_IS_CMDLINE(opt)) {                                 \
       warning(description " is disabled in this release.");     \
     FLAG_SET_DEFAULT(opt, false);                               \
} while(0)

We use this on platforms were not all features are supported.

David