RFR(M): 8012182: Add information about class loading and unloading to event based tracing framework (hs24) - updated

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue Apr 16 18:46:15 PDT 2013

Hi Markus,

On 17/04/2013 7:35 AM, Markus Grönlund wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> The changeset for this has been updated slightly to reflect underlying
> changes in hs24.
>
> Still looking for reviews for this change to add information about class
>
> BugID:
>
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8012182
>
> Webrev (updated):
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgronlun/8012182/webrev02/

systemDictionary.cpp:

Minor nit: this comment, now it is split from earlier comment

801         // class_loader is NOT the defining loader, do a little more
bookkeeping.

should say

801         // If class_loader is NOT the defining loader, do a little
more bookkeeping.

I still find it odd that you post the event before the loader constraint
checks are done. Not normally an issue of course. And conversely it
seems odd that JVMTI only posts an event if we needed to do the loader
constraint checking ???

---

traceStream.hpp

Following on to Karen's comment, so you rely on the ResourceMark being
in the "caller" (which is the generated code in this case) ? Should that
be documented in the file?

David
-----