RFR (XXS) 8022093 - syntax error near "umpiconninfo_t" -- when building on Solaris 10

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Mon Aug 5 10:18:38 PDT 2013

|Please review a very small fix:||
||http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8022093/solaris_dtrace_002/||
||Bug: syntax error near "umpiconninfo_t" -- when building on Solaris 10||
||http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8022093||
||    https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8022093||
||Summary of fix:||
||    OK -- it's not really fixing the build per-se, but I
     added more error messages to show users possible workarounds.
     Otherwise||it's fairly hard to figure out what to do.
||---vvv---||
||Compiling dtrace.d||
||dtrace: failed to compile script dtrace.d: "/usr/lib/dtrace/mpi.d",
line 68: syntax error near "umpiconninfo_t"||
||*****************************************************************||
||* If you are seeing 'syntax error near "umpiconninfo_t"' on Solaris||
||* 10, try doing 'cd /usr/lib/dtrace && gzip mpi.d' as root, ||
||* or set the environment variable HOTSPOT_DISABLE_DTRACE_PROBES||
||* to disable dtrace probes for this build.||
||Tests:||
||    JPRT||
||Thanks||
||- Ioi||