RFR (XS) 8022740 - Visual 2008 IDE build is broken

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Sat Aug 10 10:07:15 PDT 2013

On 8/9/13 6:39 PM, Ioi Lam wrote:
> |Please review a very small fix:||
> ||http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8022740/vs2008_ide_001/||

Thumbs up!

make/windows/projectfiles/common/Makefile
     No comments.

src/share/tools/ProjectCreator/FileTreeCreator.java
     No comments.

src/share/tools/ProjectCreator/FileTreeCreatorVC10.java
     No comments.

src/share/tools/ProjectCreator/FileTreeCreatorVC7.java
     No comments.

src/share/tools/ProjectCreator/WinGammaPlatformVC7.java|
     You should indent line 145 a bit since you put that
     call in an if-statement.

> |||Bug: Visual 2008 IDE build is broken||
> ||http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8022740||
> ||https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8022740||
> ||Summary of fix:||
> ||    Apparently some refactoring (7163863??) of the VC project
> creator has||
> ||    not been tested with VS2008.||
> |

|I don't think that VS2008 was ever fully tested/used as a build
environment for any HSX release. This means that you may run into
strange failures that don't happen with VS2003 or VS2010. Yes, I'm
reasonably sure that we didn't fully test or use VS2005 either.

Dan