RFR: 7164841: Improvements to the GC log file rotation

Srinivas Ramakrishna ysr1729 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 15:31:25 PDT 2013

Hi Yumin --

Somewhat orthogonal to the discussion at hand, and certainly not a code
review/discussion (so i
apologize for injecting this into $SUBJ) but I wanted to say that log
rotation is definitely a useful capability in the field.

Have you folks perhaps considered two possible enhancements:
(1) rotate logs at a frequency and time specified. (For example, on a
daily, weekly or monthly basis.)
(2) rotate logs asynchronously upon request. (say via a suitable bean.)

If (1) can be simulated by existing means I am all ears.

thanks!
-- ramki