Request for review:8021948:Change InstanceKlass::_source_file_name and _generic_signature from Symbol* to constant pool index

Staffan Larsen staffan.larsen at oracle.com
Thu Aug 22 05:54:48 PDT 2013

I don't claim to understand this, but if I remove the changes to jvmtiRedefineClasses.cpp in [1] the test passes. My guess is that there is no need to change the source file name cp index in scratch_class since there is no merge happening for that attribute, whatever index it has in the new class is the correct one.

Thoughts?

/Staffan

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/hsx/hotspot-rt/hotspot/rev/e22ee8e7ae62