RFR 8022183: GCC 4.6 changes default setting for omit-frame-pointer which breaks hotspot stack walking

harold seigel harold.seigel at oracle.com
Thu Aug 22 08:00:10 PDT 2013

Please review this updated webrev for bug 8022183:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8022183.2/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ehseigel/bug_8022183.2/>

This change updates the comment and moves the "-fno-omit-frame-pointer"
option to gcc.make.  This change was tested on both 32 and 64 bit Linux
builds using NMT and GCBasher. Also, the build log was inspected to make
sure that "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" was specified during the C++ compiles.

I verified that Clang also accepts the "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" option.

Thanks, Harold