RFR: 8015759: hotspot changes needed to compile with Visual Studio 2012

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Jun 2 23:13:06 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,

In compile.make:

Please update copyright end year to 2013 (hotspot-runtime process rule).

I'm wondering what the impact is of not being able to use
_STATIC_CPPLIB? Given it has been deprecated for a while was it actually
a no-op? We need to understand what impact this has, if any, on the
built bits.

---

In sanity.make:

Please update copyright end year to 2013

---

In vm.make this addition seems unrelated to a compiler change:

   !ifdef RELEASE
+ !ifdef DEVELOP
+ CXX_FLAGS=$(CXX_FLAGS) /D "DEBUG"
+ !else
   CXX_FLAGS=$(CXX_FLAGS) /D "PRODUCT"
+ !endif
   !else
   CXX_FLAGS=$(CXX_FLAGS) /D "ASSERT"
   !endif

What is a RELEASE+DEVELOP build? Further I would expect that any build
that sets DEBUG should also set ASSERT ??

---

In unwind_windows_x86.hpp

Please update copyright end year to 2013

---

I'd be happy to sponsor the push into hotspot-rt once this is finalized.
Just create the changeset and send me a link to it.