XS RFR: 8009731: loader constraint violation error message

Karen Kinnear karen.kinnear at oracle.com
Wed Mar 27 07:37:41 PDT 2013

Resending - thanks David for catching that this fix corrected the text and the overwritten string, but
did not fix the resolved_klass to be the resolved_method->method_holder()..

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~acorn/8009731.3/webrev/

Sorry - I am backporting two fixes from my lambda repo - the first to fix the error message and the second
to fix the resolved_method for overpasses for the actual loader constraint check and I forgot that the original needed
the resolved_method->method_holder() fixed in printing the error message (but the loader constraint check itself
is correct today except for overpasses).

The only changes from the last webrev are:
1) linkResolver.cpp - fix target for 2 the two pertinent error messages
2) systemDictionary.hpp - fix alignment as Coleen suggested

thanks,
Karen

On Mar 27, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

> On 3/27/2013 8:11 AM, Karen Kinnear wrote:
>> Thank you Dan, David, Coleen and Yumin for your quick reviews.
>> I updated the bug to show the before and after.
>
> Final looks good.   In systemDictionary.hpp, do the arguments on the second line line up?   (minor nit - if you change that don't send out another review!!)
>
> You can have the queue first if you're ready.
>
> thanks,
> Coleen
>>
>> thanks,
>> Karen

>>> src/share/vm/classfile/systemDictionary.cpp
>>> src/share/vm/classfile/systemDictionary.hpp
>>> src/share/vm/interpreter/linkResolver.cpp