RFR: 4990369 SAJDI: visibleMethods() and methodsByName() return wrong visible methods

Staffan Larsen staffan.larsen at oracle.com
Wed Nov 20 05:05:14 PST 2013

This is more or less a copy of a previous patch that was made to JDI [1], but this patch applies to the SA implementation of JDI.

ReferenceType.visibleMethods() has some problems with diamond shaped interface hierarchies. The solution here is to maintain a list of interfaces that we have visited so that we do not visit interfaces (above the top of the diamond) more than once.

This change is targeted for jdk9 so I will hold on to it until the repos open up.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sla/4990369/webrev.00/

/Staffan

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/serviceability-dev/2013-November/013166.html