Fwd: RFR (M) : JDK-7149464 : [TESTBUG] Test runtime/7020373/Test7020373.sh failed to clean up files after test

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Sep 11 17:59:41 PDT 2013

Hi Misha,

On 12/09/2013 2:46 AM, Mikhailo Seledtsov wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7149464
>          This bug description is Oracle internal.
>          According to the bug, in certain cases JTReg failed to delete
> the temporary files. In addition to that, the test consumed excessive
> time and resources on the system.
>
>      Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/7149464/webrev.01/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Emseledtsov/7149464/webrev.01/>
>
>      Testing:
>          JPRT using this specific test
> (2013-09-10-135828.mseledtsov.bugFixing01)
>
>      Comments:
>         - rewrote this test in Java. This had couple of benefits.

There is a problem here that "we" need to resolve. The shell script uses
COMPILEJDK to run the jar command. The Java program uses JDKToolFinder
which uses the "test JDK". Now this test will have to be be added to the
"needs_jdk" group in TEST.groups.

This is not a direction I think we want to head with these test
conversions. There must be a way to ask the testlibrary for a tool from
the compile-jdk!

David
-----