RFR (S): 6313383: SA: Update jmap to support HPROF binary format "JAVA PROFILE 1.0.2"

Fredrik Arvidsson fredrik.arvidsson at oracle.com
Fri Sep 20 07:38:48 PDT 2013

Hi

<quote>
     I assume that you have tested that the resulting dump is readable
by tools such as visualvm or eclipse MAT?
</quote>

I used MAT to test the result of large and small heap dumps after my
change. I could successfully parse and read heap files larger than 2Gb
which is the current threshold for using 1.0.2 format. I also ran dumps
using lower thresholds to provoke use of the 1.0.2 format for smaller
heaps several times with success.

/F