RFR(S): 8038624:interpretedVFrame::expressions() must respect InterpreterOopMap for liveness

Markus Grönlund markus.gronlund at oracle.com
Fri Apr 4 15:56:51 UTC 2014

Hi Coleen,

Deoptimization does not use this code for anything critical - deoptimization is based on compiledVFrame::expressions(), not InterpretedVFrame::expressions().

After deopting the compiled frame to an interpreter frame, there is an debug section in vframeArrayElement::unpack_on_stack (#ifndef PRODUCT which will call InterpretedVFrame::expressions() if you have set the TraceDeoptimization && Verbose), which is used for outputting debug information only.

Thanks

Markus