RFR (M) JDK-8033150 (#2): invokestatic: IncompatibleClassChangeError trying to invoke static method from a parent in presence of conflicting defaults

Coleen Phillimore coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Fri Apr 11 14:02:35 UTC 2014

This code looks good.  The MethodLookupMode enum is a nice improvement.
It's a good warning of the complexity of this code.
Did something part of the build complain about MethodLookupMode not
being in vmStructs?
I'd prefer the serviceability agent not be tempted to duplicate the
method lookup code in the JVM, so not have this change.

Thanks,
Coleen