RFR(M): [TESTBUG] runtime/threads/CancellableThreadTest fails with OOM on windows-i586

Christian Tornqvist christian.tornqvist at oracle.com
Tue Apr 15 02:41:58 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

This is a port (and fix) of CancellableThreadTest from one of our internal
harnesses to jtreg in OpenJDK. The original test suffered from issues with
spawning too many threads on 32bit Windows, when running with WoW64 we have
2 stacks for each thread and usually ran out of process space.

I cleaned the test up a bit but the functionality of the test should be the
same, also limited the number of threads to 256 (128 pairs) down from 2048
(1024 pairs).

Webrev can be found at:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8035173/webrev.00/

Bug: