RFR(XXS): Event Based tracing framework trace_id's to be reassigned for CDS klasses

Markus Grönlund markus.gronlund at oracle.com
Thu Apr 24 16:41:48 UTC 2014

Thanks Stefan,

Yes, i think it's ok as long as the Klass  is not able to "do anything" useful  - i.e. the Klass is not able to execute anything which would involve its traceid.

So, I would assume the semantics of Klass::restore_unsharable_info() would be similar in nature to a constructor? It prepares the Klass for use.

As long as the Klass is coming out "prepared" with a unique ID assigned, this will be fine.

Thanks

Markus