RFR (XL) 8046070 - Class Data Sharing clean up and refactoring, round #2

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Aug 3 03:23:07 UTC 2014

Hi Ioi,

Sending a partial review as I've been delayed again. :(

A few minor comments:

src/share/vm/classfile/classLoader.hpp

This enum is using inconsistent style for the constants:

  149   enum SomeConstants {
  150     package_hash_table_size = 31,  // Number of buckets
  151     MAX_CLASSPATH_INDEX = 0x7fffffff
  152   };

---

src/share/vm/classfile/dictionary.cpp

  223 void Dictionary::remove_error_classes() {

Does this mean "remove erroneous classes"? What kinds of errors are we
referring to here?

  225   int index = 0; // Defined here for portability! Do not move

??? Do we have a C compiler that can't declare loop variables?

  231       Klass* e = probe->klass();
  232       InstanceKlass* ik = InstanceKlass::cast(e);

Can we dispense with the curiously named 'e' local?

---

src/share/vm/classfile/systemDictionary.cpp

  982     guarantee(!DumpSharedSpaces, "must not create anonymoys
classes when dumping");

Typo: anonymoys

1221     // FIXME: locking comment out of date!

This FIXME needs fixing.

SharedClassUtil::is_shared_boot_class should be
SharedClassUtil::is_shared_class as it doesn't know whether the passed
in class is a "boot" class or not.

David
------