RFR (round 2): JDK-8048150: Allow easy configurations for large CDS archives

Calvin Cheung calvin.cheung at oracle.com
Mon Aug 4 16:07:36 UTC 2014

Hi Jiangli,

Thanks for your review.

How about adding comment as follows in metaspaceShared.hpp?

// default shared archive regions sizes are specified in globals.hpp
// see SharedReadWriteSize, SharedReadOnlySize, SharedMiscDataSize,
// SharedMiscCodeSize

// shared archive regions sizes for -XX:ShareArchiveSize=large
#define LargeSharedReadOnlySize  (120*M)
#define LargeSharedReadWriteSize (165*M)
#define LargeSharedMiscDataSize  (  9*M)
#define LargeSharedMiscCodeSize  (  6*M)

// shared archive regions sizes for -XX:ShareArchiveSize=huge
#define HugeSharedReadOnlySize   (320*M)
#define HugeSharedReadWriteSize  (440*M)
#define HugeSharedMiscDataSize   ( 24*M)
#define HugeSharedMiscCodeSize   ( 16*M)

I'd like to leave those #define in metaspaceShared.hpp since globals.hpp
is quite large (~ 4000 lines) and most of the default values there are
defined via the 'product', 'develop', etc., flags.

thanks,
Calvin