RFR: JDK-6546236 Thread interrupt() of Thread.sleep() can be lost on Solaris due to race with signal handler

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Feb 11 01:32:07 PST 2014

On 11/02/2014 09:25, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> :
> I don't see why these concurrency tests set that VM option. I think it can simply be removed. Maybe they did need interruptible IO at one point, but have since been refactored.

When we had the legacy interruptible I/O on Solaris then it would cause
problems for class loading, particularly with developer builds (no
images) where the class files are loaded individually. To avoid this
when we had to put this VM option on several tests. I removed a bunch of
them in JDK 8, just didn't do them all. I can sort out this today.

-Alan