RFR 7014526: "java -version" crash on sparc with some values of HeapBaseMinAddress

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Tue Feb 18 16:13:18 UTC 2014

Hi Coleen,

On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 09:54 -0500, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

> I fixed the indentation and I changed it to %d because it's %dM.  The
> %x was temporary for my debugging.

  iirc there is a UINTX_FORMAT constant specifically to be used as the
format string for uintx values.

Is it possible to also write the value selected by the user to make
the problem more clear? I.e. "HeapBaseMinAddress must be at least ..., but
is ...".

Also I am not sure if dividing by M does not cut significant digits too
much, but I guess people are mostly going to use MB here anyway.

Thanks,
  Thomas