RFR(XXS) update 8u fix for 8028073 now that 8028280 is backported to 8u (8038274)

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Tue Mar 25 16:53:34 UTC 2014

Greetings,

Mr Simms' fix for the following bug has been backported to JDK8u-hs-dev:

     8028280 ParkEvent leak when running modified runThese which only
             loads classes

which allows the JDK8u-hs-dev version of the fix for the following bug
to be updated to match the JDK9-hs version:

     8028073 race condition in ObjectMonitor implementation causing
deadlocks

This minor tweak is being done with the following bug:

     8038274 update 8u fix for 8028073 now that 8028280 is backported to 8u

Here is the webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dcubed/8038274-webrev/0-jdk8u-hs-dev/

Since this is effectively a backport from JDK9-hs -> JDK8u-hs-dev,
I'm looking for one sanity check (R)eviewer or reviewer from the
original set of folks that reviewed 8028073:

     The JDK9 reviewers:  dholmes, sspitsyn, dice, acorn
     The JDK8u reviewers: rdurbin, acorn, sspitsyn, dsimms, dholmes

Because I'm paranoid, I'm running the same set of vm.quick testing
Adhoc test jobs and StressMonitorWait testing that was done on the
JDK9 and JDK8u versions of the fix.

Thanks, in advance, for any comments, questions or suggestions.

Dan