Adding read barriers to the interpreter

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Fri May 9 07:37:54 UTC 2014

Hi Meisam,

The Shenandoah GC currently uses read barriers on field and array
access. You could check out the code and study it:

http://icedtea.classpath.org/shenandoah/

Search for 'resolve_oop' (the runtime read barriers) and
compile_resolve_oop (the barrier that is compiled in by the interpreter
and C1 compiler). C2 barriers is currently under development.

Best regards,
Roman