RFR: JDK-8059586: hs_err report should treat redirected core pattern.

Yasumasa Suenaga yasuenag at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:38:44 UTC 2014

I'm in Hackergarten @ JavaOne :-)

Hi all,

I would like to enhance the messages in hs_err report.
Modern Linux kernel can treat core dump with user process (e.g. ABRT)
However, hs_err report cannot detect it.

I think that hs_err report should output messages as below:
   Failed to write core dump. Core dumps may be treated with "/usr/sbin/chroot /proc/%P/root /usr/libexec/abrt-hook-ccpp %s %c %p %u %g %t e"

I've uploaded webrev of this enhancement.
Could you review it?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8059586/webrev.00/

This patch works fine on Fedora20 x86_64.

Thanks,

Yasumasa