RFR JDK-8059510 Compact symbol table layout inside shared archive

Jiangli Zhou jiangli.zhou at oracle.com
Mon Oct 13 16:26:32 UTC 2014

Hi Aleksey,

On 10/13/2014 03:18 AM, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> On 13.10.2014 03:32, David Holmes wrote:
>> On 11/10/2014 1:47 PM, Jiangli Zhou wrote:
>> Also is the benchmarking being done on dedicated systems?
> Also, specjvm98 is meaningless to estimate the classloading costs.
> Please try specjvm2008:startup.* tests?

The specjvm run was for Gerard's question about standard benchmarks.
These are not benchmarks specifically for classloading. However, I agree
it's a good idea to run standard benchmarks to confirm there is no
overall performance degradation. From all the benchmarks including
classloading measurements, we have confirmed that this specific change
does not have negative impact on classloading itself and the overall
performance.

Thanks,
Jiangli