RFR 8060256: The loop in Arguments::parse() can be enhanced

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Oct 16 01:11:01 UTC 2014

Hi Jiangli,

On 16/10/2014 9:20 AM, Jiangli Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This enhancement was suggested by Bertrand during the review for
> 8047934. The 'continue' statement can be added to the matching cases to
> avoid the further checks after that.

Stylistically I think these should be nested if/else but ...

>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jiangli/8060256/webrev.00/
>
> Tested with jtreg hotspot/test/runtime/CommandLine tests, including the
> new one being added. Also started JPRT, no failure so far.

Not quite sure what the new test is actually testing. Regression tests
are supposed to check that a specific failure condition no longer
occurs. This is more a simple functional test. Anyway the test also needs:

@build com.oracle.java.testlibrary.*

to ensure testlibrary is built.