RFR 8059533: (process) Make exiting process wait for exiting threads [win]

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Fri Oct 24 23:06:47 UTC 2014

On 10/1/14 3:07 AM, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The tests that continue to fail with wrong exit codes suggest that the
> fix for JDK-8057744 wasn't sufficient.
> Here's another proposal, which expands the synchronized portion of the
> code.
> It is proposed to make the exiting process wait for the threads that
> have already started exiting.
> This should help to make sure that no thread is executing any
> potentially racy code concurrently with the exiting process.
>
> BUGURL: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8059533
> WEBREV: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8059533/0/webrev/

Finally got a chance to look at the official version of fix.

Thumbs up!

src/os/windows/vm/os_windows.cpp
     No comments.

Dan

P.S.
We had another sighting of an exit_code == 60115 test failure
this past week so while your previous fix greatly reduced the
odds of this race, I'm looking forward to seeing this new
version in action...