RFR (M) 8061651 - Interface to the Lookup Index Cache to improve URLClassPath search time (round 3)

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Tue Oct 28 02:04:19 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 3:32 PM, Ioi Lam wrote:
> Hi David, I have update the latest webrev at:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8061651-lookup-index-open-v3/

The update looks good.  Thanks.

> This version also contains the JDK test case that Mandy requested:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/8061651-lookup-index-open-v3/jdk/test/sun/misc/URLClassPath/EnableLookupCache.java.html

What I request to add is a test setting the system property
(-Dsun.cds.enableSharedLookupCache=true) and continue to load class A
and B.  Removing line 44-58 should do it and also no need to set
-Dfoo.foo.bar.

It'd be good if you run this test and turn on the debug traces to make
sure that the application class loader and ext class loader will start
up with the lookup cache enabled and make up call to the VM.  As it
doesn't have the app cds archive, it will invalidate the cache right
away and continue the class lookup with null cache array.

Mandy