RFR(S): JDK-8145317 ReservedStackTest fails with ReentrantLock looks corrupted

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Thu Dec 17 16:44:38 UTC 2015

On 12/17/15 1:59 AM, Frederic Parain wrote:
> Dan,
>
> thank you for the review, comment are in-lined below.
>
> On 12/16/2015 04:35 PM, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
>> On 12/16/15 5:11 AM, Frederic Parain wrote:
>>> Please review this small fix in ReservedStackTest test.
>>> The test didn't exclude correctly some platforms where
>>> the feature is not supported. The logic has been changed
>>> to explicitly list the supported platforms.
>>>
>>> CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8145317
>>>
>>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fparain/8145317/webrev/
>>
>> test/runtime/ReservedStack/ReservedStackTest.java
>>      L27:  * @build ReservedStackTest
>>          I'm reasonably certain that the @run line takes care of
>>          building ReservedStackTest. What I meant by my comment
>>          in the bug is that you need:
>>
>>          @build jdk/test/lib/Platform
>>
>>          or something like it. David H is the guy to ask for
>>          what you need to build in the library stuff.
>
> I need some guidance here. Looking at other tests in
> hotspot/test/runtime, none of the tests using jdk/test/lib/Platform
> class have a build instruction, they only have the
> "@library /testlibrary" instruction.

I'm no help here. I've seen a number of different comments about
whether the @build lines are needed and I've seen a number of
different styles of the @build line itself.

We need definitive guidance from VM/SQE and Jon G about:

- the necessity of @build lines with @library lines are present
- the preferred format of @build lines

Dan