[9] RFR (M) 8054888: Runtime: Add Diagnostic Command that prints the class hierarchy

Mikael Auno mikael.auno at oracle.com
Wed Feb 11 10:12:45 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-11 04:13, Chris Plummer wrote:
>> In general I think this looks very good. Simple and well-commented
>> code to follow. I am missing a test, though. Please look at the
>> hotspot/test/serviceability/dcmd set of tests.
> Added.

Your test is based on DcmdUtil.java which was removed last week (see
[0]). If you pull new changes from hs-rt/hotspot, you'll see plenty of
tests using the new DCMD utility classes in testlibrary. Also, the new
tests are divided in different subdirectories depending on the commands,
so as your test exercises VM.class_hierarchy it should go in
.../dcmd/vm/ as opposed to just .../dcmd/.

Thanks,
Mikael

 [0]
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs-rt/hotspot/file/tip/test/serviceability/dcmd