[aarch64-port-dev ] AARCH64 stage: next steps

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Thu Jan 22 08:30:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is quite badly documented flag, I wouldn't want to add new
dependencies to that:

  /* UseMembar is theoretically a temp flag used for memory barrier         \
   * removal testing.  It was supposed to be removed before FCS but has     \
   * been re-added (see 6401008) */

At that location, ppc needs a membar always.  If we set UseMemBar to true,
serialization page is not used any more, right?  That's not what this local barrier
is about, it's needed even with serialization pages.

Best regards,
  Goetz