RFR(S) 8130448: thread dump improvements, comment, additions, new diagnostics inspired by 8077392

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Mon Jul 13 21:57:53 UTC 2015

Need a second reviewer for this bug fix.

One minor tweak has been done relative to the webrev below:

$ diff -c src/share/vm/runtime/synchronizer.cpp{.cr1,}
*** src/share/vm/runtime/synchronizer.cpp.cr1   Wed Jul  8 07:15:07 2015
--- src/share/vm/runtime/synchronizer.cpp       Thu Jul  9 07:07:28 2015
***************
*** 1651,1661 ****
           Handle obj((oop) mid->object());
           tty->print("INFO: unexpected locked object:");
           javaVFrame::print_locked_object_class_name(tty, obj, "locked");
         }
-       guarantee(ObjectMonitor::Knob_VerifyMatch == 0,
-                 err_msg("exiting JavaThread=" INTPTR_FORMAT
-                         " unexpectedly owns ObjectMonitor=" INTPTR_FORMAT,
-                         THREAD, mid));
         (void)mid->complete_exit(CHECK);
       }
     }
--- 1651,1660 ----
           Handle obj((oop) mid->object());
           tty->print("INFO: unexpected locked object:");
           javaVFrame::print_locked_object_class_name(tty, obj, "locked");
+         fatal(err_msg("exiting JavaThread=" INTPTR_FORMAT
+                       " unexpectedly owns ObjectMonitor=" INTPTR_FORMAT,
+                       THREAD, mid));
         }
         (void)mid->complete_exit(CHECK);
       }