RFR 8160833: ClassesByName2Test.java and RedefineCrossEvent.java failing with jtreg tip

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Aug 3 01:49:44 UTC 2016

Hi George,

On 3/08/2016 4:49 AM, George Triantafillou wrote:
> Please review this small change to fix test failures in two JDI tests:

There's only one test changed in the webrev ??

> Open webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gtriantafill/8160833/webrev/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Egtriantafill/8160833/webrev/>
>
> Thanks to Tim Bell for his assistance.  The fix replaces the use of
> javax.rmi.CORBA.Util with String.format.  See this comment
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8160833?focusedCommentId=13981130&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13981130>
> for details.

So the assumption is that String.format will load a bunch of classes not
already loaded? I assume the problem with javax.rmi.CORBA was module
accessibility? Or does the Util class no longer exist?

   31  *  @modules java.corba

Presuambly this can be removed?

However this:

  56   java.awt.Toolkit tk = java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit();

suggests we need @module java.desktop (which limits this test to running
on a full JDK).