PING! Re: RFR(XS): JDK-8160923: sun/tools/jps/TestJpsJar.java fails due to ClassNotFoundException: jdk.testlibrary.ProcessTools

Dmitry Samersoff dmitry.samersoff at oracle.com
Wed Aug 24 11:42:46 UTC 2016

Christian,

Thank you for the review.

Please see updated webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8160923/webrev.03/

I still have no ideas why this @build construction works with
@run driver but doesn't work with @run main/othervm.

Is there a chance to have all such knowledge documented?

> You don't need to explicitly build JpsHelper,

I would prefer to leave it as is - it's harmless but highlights
TestJpsJar dependency.

> would it make sense to change this to use the /test/lib ones and

I'd tried it[1] and it doesn't work. jtreg claims that package
jdk.test.lib doesn't exist.[2]

1.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8160923/webrev.02.bad/

2.