RFR(S): 8163994: Nightly test crashed in jvmtiAllocate

Dmitry Samersoff dmitry.samersoff at oracle.com
Fri Aug 26 11:00:15 UTC 2016

Everybody,

Please review the fix.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8163994/webrev.02/

*Problem*

Under some circumstances, when JVMTI_ERROR_WRONG_PHASE(112) is received,
jvmtiAllocate could be called after call to cbEarlyVMDeath.

cbEarlyVMDeath set gdata->jvmti to NULL, so jvmtiAllocate crashes.

The problem appears only once in nightly testing and I was not able to
reproduce it locally.

*Solution*

Guard added to jvmtiAllocate to get meaningful error message instead of
crash.

These fix doesn't fix root cause - JVMTI_ERROR_WRONG_PHASE problem is
going to be addressed under JDK-8134103.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia