RFR(S): 8170672: Event-based tracing to support classloader instances

Markus Gronlund markus.gronlund at oracle.com
Wed Dec 7 09:50:22 UTC 2016

Hi Coleen,

Thanks for your comments - unfortunately i did submit the changeset before I saw your input, sorry about that.

As for the reasons for ResourceMark's in traceStream.hpp, it is mainly for Symbol::as_C_string(), rather than for the actual stream (which is relly just tty) - hope this clarifies a bit.

Thanks again for having a look, I agree CLD is better than the oop's for this purpose.

Markus