Unused code in prims/methodComparator

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Fri Feb 5 14:26:48 UTC 2016

MethodComparator::methods_switchable() appears to be a day zero
function added by Misha Dmitriev back on 2000.10.23.

$ sgv src/share/vm/prims/methodComparator.cpp | grep
MethodComparator::methods_switchable
1.17
1.1     bool MethodComparator::methods_switchable(methodOop old_method,
methodOop new_method,
383 lines
No id keywords (cm7)

$ sp -r1.1 src/share/vm/prims/methodComparator.cpp
src/share/vm/prims/SCCS/s.methodComparator.cpp:

D 1.1 00/10/23 18:11:25 dmitriev 1 0    00366/00000/00000
MRs:
COMMENTS:
Class redefinition support - comparing methods of
class versions

Dan