RFR(xs): 8149096: Remove unused code in methodComparator

Coleen Phillimore coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Tue Feb 9 12:34:08 UTC 2016

Hi, So this was really good of Serguei to find that the code under
_switchable_test is dead.   It seems that old_and_new_locations_same()
appears dead also now.  Do you mind continuing to unravel this?  Also
new_bci_for_old() is dead, and _old_bci, _new_st_bci and _new_end_bci.
Unless I'm reading this wrong.  Simplifying anything in redefinition is
greatly appreciated, especially this.

thanks,
Coleen