RFR: 8149383: Convert TraceBiasedLocking to Unified Logging

Rachel Protacio rachel.protacio at oracle.com
Wed Feb 17 15:40:14 UTC 2016

Thanks, David, for reiterating my earlier comment. If it's okay with
everyone, I think this falls again into the category of "works now, can
be enhanced with a future RFE". Especially since John's suggestion of
using LogMessage seems the most likely fix if any (and perhaps an
equivalent way to accomplish what Kim's code was getting at?). But
LogMessage framework has not yet been committed, so it would make sense
to upgrade this implementation, should we deem it necessary, after the
framework is added and after the primary task of creating a working
"-Xlog:biasedlocking" option has been accomplished.

To reduce the confusion that some have had regarding the fact that the
two conditionals differ just in level and not message (for now), I've
added the comment

    // Log at "info" level if not bulk, else "trace" level

before each of the four instances. See
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rprotacio/8149383.02/

I have Dan and David as reviewers. If Kim or John is okay with this
proposal of enhancing later, should it be necessary, are we all okay
with moving forward with this latest version?

Many thanks,
Rachel