RFR: 8150103: Convert TraceClassPaths to Unified Logging

Max Ockner max.ockner at oracle.com
Thu Feb 18 16:36:51 UTC 2016

Hi David,

I agree with what you have said. Allowing trace_class_path to print to
tty yields a lot of junk output even when classpath logging is not
turned on. We now will only want to print to the classpath info stream,
so given the current logging API does it make sense to hard-code this
stream into trace_class_path and remove the stream argument? Why should
we keep the 3 argument version if it is always being used with the same
stream argument? Do we expect it to someday use additional streams?

Thanks,
Max