RFR: 8146009: "pure virtual method called" with using new GC logging mechanism

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Jan 25 02:04:50 UTC 2016

On 21/01/2016 10:30 PM, Marcus Larsson wrote:
> Updated webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mlarsson/8146009/webrev.01/
>
> Incremental:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mlarsson/8146009/webrev.01/
>
> Only LogConfiguration::initialize() and LogTagSet constructor now calls
> the stdout_output()/stderr_output() functions. Made the functions

When can the LogTagSet constructor be called before
LogConfiguration::initialize()? And what impact does that have on the
dependencies that the stdout_output()/stderr_output() functions have?

I still object to defining objects that never get cleaned up. It
indicates we really don't know when the last logging can happen during
VM shutdown, and so we don't know if it will work or fail, depending on
other VM facilities used that may have already been shutdown.

-----