RFR (XS): 8074085: os::get_native_stack() could use some cleanup

Chris Plummer chris.plummer at oracle.com
Thu Jun 2 19:10:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

This CR should really be done internally at Oracle where we can put it
through more thorough testing. Since it comes with some risk, this is
the reason it wasn't simply cleaned up when it was filed. I filed this
CR, and ATM am a bit unsure on how true the second part of the cleanup
is (not needing the fr.sender_pc() check). I'd need to re-look at code
involved to determine its validity (Relearn why I stated this in the
first place. It's been a while.). In any case, pushing this without
thorough testing on all platforms is something I am not comfortable with.

cheers,

Chris