RFR(S): 8159056: [aix] Compressed class space not allocated in lower regions

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Thu Jun 9 07:07:56 UTC 2016

HI David,

thanks for looking at this!

> I will sponsor this but need an Aarch64 reviewer to confirm  the
> behaviour there is unchanged. If 4G is the first value that should
> succeed I'm not sure what the impact of trying and failing at 1G, 2G and
> 3G are.
I think I don't really understand.  It should only try at 1-3G on aix if
requested_addr is that small.  On aarch, it is aligned to 4G at the
start of the loop.
Do you think there are implications with the OS? Or with the loop
for shared spaces below?

I fixed the other issues:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr16/8159056-aix_CCSTest/webrev.02/

Best regards,