PING: RFR: JDK-8153074: UL: Show output option in VM.log jcmd

Yasumasa Suenaga yasuenag at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 23:30:31 UTC 2016

Hi David,

I think "config_string" is different from "option_string".

-Xlog format (from -Xlog:help message):
   -Xlog[:[what][:[output][:[decorators][:output-options]]]]

   config_string: "what" (ex. gc=trace)
   option_string: "output-options" (ex. filecount=5)

Currently, LogOutput handles tags and loglevels only as config_string.
It does not contain output options.

Thanks,

Yasumasa