8u backport RFR: 6515172 and 8148987 (Linux availableProcessors fixes)

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed May 4 01:55:06 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,

On 3/05/2016 11:18 PM, Andreas Eriksson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review the backport of these two fixes:
> 6515172: Runtime.availableProcessors() ignores Linux taskset command
> 8148987: [Linux] Allow building on older systems without CPU_ALLOC support
>
> Bugs:
>
> Webrevs:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeriksso/6515172/webrev.00/
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aeriksso/8148987/webrev.00/

I assume you will actually commit this a single changeset (under a
separate CR) not as two changesets - one for each backport? The change
for 6515172 won't compile on 8u so that changeset should never exist as
it stands in 8u. I would want to see a single changeset and a
corresponding webrev showing the final code against the existing code.