RFR 8144279 [TESTBUG] hotspot/runtime/jsig/Test8017498.sh should use native library build support

Gerald Thornbrugh gerald.thornbrugh at oracle.com
Thu May 5 20:25:50 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,te:
> He Jerry,
>
> You dropped the "-z noexecstack" part. Isn't this needed? I think the
> default is not always the same for all version of gcc and all linux
> platforms, which is why it was explicitly added.
If the "-z noexecstack" option is not used the object is not tagged and
is basically treated as "-z noexecstack".
When loading occurs if no objects have been tagged with "execstack" the
stack is set to non-executable.
If only one object is tagged with "execstack" then it sets the stack as
an executable stack.

I can put it back if you like.

Thanks for the review.

Jerry