[ping] RFR(S): 8156992: [ppc] Implement template interpreter stack overflow checks as on x86/sparc.

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Fri May 27 15:35:53 UTC 2016

Hi David,

well, yes, Dean had similar questions.
X86/sparc load stack_base and stack_size, compute stack_end and then add the
Max(shadow, quard). All in assembly in the template interpreter prolog.  On ppc,
we load it from the precomputed field stackoverflow_limit.  The value in that field
differed from what x86/sparc computed, which is the error I want to fix here.
I adapted the drawing to the change of that field.

Best regards,
  Goetz